Position: Environmental Compliance Officer
The Environmental Compliance Officer maintains and updates the UCF Environmental Management Program for laboratories, shops, studios, facilities and maintenance operations, service areas, and construction activities. The Environmental Compliance officer will provide expertise in the areas of environmental management including air permitting, industrial wastewater, pollution identification and remediation, regulated wastes, and spill prevention control and countermeasures. Classification Title: Safety Specialist I
For more information on responsibilities, qualifications, salary, and to apply, please visit: https://ucf.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers/job/Orlando-FL-Main-Campus/Environmental-Compliance-Officer_R105704
Position: API-653 Tank Inspector
The API-653 Inspector will lead an inspection crew on-site. He will be responsible for the successful completion and safety of each API-653 project he is on. This would involve supervising an inspection crew, ensuring the job gets done correctly and within budget, and completing all required inspection paperwork and documentation. This will require such activities as visual inspection, MT, Surveys, ultrasonic thickness, helium test and other tank/pipeline inspection methods. Additionally the API-653 Inspector will coordinate his work with the TCI Systems Operator on-site. The API-653 Inspector will be the main contact with the customer therefore, requiring good communication and writing skills. The 653 inspector will also be the crew leader responsible for problem solving and communication with the scheduler and regional office. The position will require an excellent working knowledge of the 653 guideline and practical previous inspection experience.
- The API-653 Inspector shall be certified by API as a 653 inspector. Other API certifications are a plus but not necessary.
- He/she should be familiar with common NDE techniques and willing to learn new ones.
- At least 2 years in the inspection field is desired.
- He/she will be required to know TCI field procedures and pass the TCI 653 tests.
- Must be able to travel at least 70% of the time. Much is overnight travel and 30% will be via plane.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and random tests throughout the year.
- Must be able to fit through an 18” manway and work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must not be afraid of heights.
- Must be dependable and self-motivating.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Must have a working major credit card (to rent cars and stay at hotels).
- Must be able to travel at a moment notice.
- Must be able to pass all safety exams.
- Must be able to make decisions for the crew in the field.
- Must be able to work long hours.
Email resumes to RKassler@Tank-Consultants.com
Requisition Number: 14-0021
Post Date: 1/21/2014
Title: Associate Engineer, Tank Integrity
Support the implementation and maintenance of the Company Tank Integrity programs.
Accountabilities include the following and other duties may be assigned -
- Maintain professional knowledge and expertise in a changing environment
- Maintain Tank Integrity related databases and tracking tools
- Prepare data in electronic and/or printed format consistent with departmental standards for use by other personnel throughout Buckeye
- Support the implementation of Buckeye’s Tank Integrity Management Program (IMP) including assessment, repair, and risk management activities
- Work with Tank Integrity Team to establish the tank assessment program and schedule
- Interface with Pipeline Integrity, Corrosion Control, and GIS programs as required to integrate data in support of the overall IMP activities
- Use JDE, GIS, or database applications to generate reports, as necessary
- Receive and perform quality control of tank assessment reports to ensure reports are in compliance with company standards
- Accurately document key decisions and meetings
- Maintain compliance with regulatory driven schedules
- Monitor and direct the work of contractors and evaluate their performance
All employees at Buckeye should exhibit Buckeye’s values of being a Reliable, Safe, Environmentally Responsible, Low-Cost Provider, of showing and accepting Accountability, and being Entrepreneurial.
Buckeye wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye employees must display the following competencies to be successful:
Accountability - Accepts responsibility for decisions and how their decisions affect others.
Safety/Environmental - Understands and enhances the safety of our employees, our customers and the public to protect the environment.
Business Acumen -Understands the broader financial implications of one’s responsibilities and the link to the “bottom line” of Buckeye’s business.
Communication and Feedback - Shares information effectively, in the appropriate timeframe, as well as effectively using listening skills when working with others.
Diversity Awareness - Values and respects individual differences, while supporting an inclusive work environment.
Entrepreneurial Spirit - Operates as if Buckeye was his/her own company.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Organizes parts of a problem in a systematic and logical way in order to recognize relationships, identify alternative solutions, set priorities and make sound decisions that align with Buckeye’s Key Values and Guiding Principles.
Adaptability - Managing Change - Works efficiently in a constantly changing environment, demonstrating a willingness to learn, to take new and unique ideas, concepts, strategies, and approaches and apply them for positive results.
Results Driven - Continually improves performance, approaching work in ways that support the accomplishment of results and meeting/exceeding Buckeye’s performance objectives.
Technical Expertise - Effectively applies knowledge and skills within a particular area of expertise and keeps abreast of new knowledge and developments in one’s area of expertise and/or responsibility.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required (Mechanical or Civil disciplines preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required; experience with Microsoft Excel is beneficial
- Work Management System, GIS, database software experience is beneficial
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulatory codes relating to above ground storage tank design, inspection, modification and repair is desired.
- Individual must be well-organized, with the ability to keep accurate records and provide status updates.
Other skills, attributes and abilities:
- In order to be successful in this position, one must have excellent analytical and communication skills to resolve business and operations problems. The individual must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Minimal (~10% of time) travel required for obtaining and auditing field tank information.
- Must be able to climb tank stairways and enter tanks through manways.
- Should be readily available to provide technical assistance during responses to tank releases or other emergencies.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Certification in API 653 inspection is not a position prerequisite but will be required for advancement.
- Training in Hazardous Materials Handling and Confined Space Entry helpful.
- PE/EIT registration desirable.
- Normal office environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.